If you are a travel professional struggling to get your “website to work for you”, this tweak may be exactly what you need.
The About Page
Did you know that your About Page on your website is the second most visited page?
Your About Page is a valuable opportunity for future wedding couples to connect with you, your mission, your vision, and your values, and create loyal lifelong fans.
It should do these 4 things:
- Make you human to your visitors because “people buy from people”.
- Allow you to share your vision and your values.
- Build trust with your visitors.
- Allow your visitors to connect with you on a more personal level.
Tweak the About Page of Your Travel Website
Here’s a formula to follow when writing your About Page on your travel website:
- Who are you and what do you do? This is an opportune place to share your unique selling position (USP).
- What is your mission or vision statement? What matters to you/why do you do what you do?
- Share your unique story so that you are 100% different than your competition.
- Talk about your unique approach to planning romance travel.
- Share something personal like what you do when you aren’t planning travel or your list of travel must-haves like gadgets, books, drinks, butler service, etc.
Let’s stop here for a minute and talk about how you can come up with some ideas on your values. I think the best way to come up with this is to start writing down what you believe.
Here are a few examples of what we at the Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Travel Business Academy believe…
- Preparation is the key to success.
- Everyone needs a lifeline.
- Being a travelpreneur should be rewarding and fun.
- Build your travel business around your life, not your life around your business.
- To grow your business, you must first grow yourself.
- To design success, you must first define success.
- You must own your dream, but you don’t have to go it alone.
So, start by writing out what you believe and share what would matter to your ideal client.
You may believe that the only way to travel is to travel in luxury. You may believe that travel experiences are what create lasting memories. Maybe you believe that coffee trumps tea, or that the 2nd best thing next to travel is wine. Share your personality and have fun with it!
Here are a few more tips to make your About Page work for you in getting new destination wedding and honeymoon travel clients:
- Get a professional headshot. No more selfies on the beach (sorry, not sorry).
- Link to other pages on your site like your blog, testimonials, landing page for your lead magnet, or consultation page.
- Make it SEO searchable and use terms like “honeymoon travel agent in Kalamazoo, Michigan” or “travel agent that specializes in honeymoons and destination weddings in Kalamazoo, Michigan.”
At the bottom of your About Page, direct your visitor to where to go next: your destination wedding page, your honeymoon page, your blog, etc.
Again, this page is prime real estate on your romance travel website. Use it to the max.
The Best Investment in Your Travel Business
If you found this romance travel website tweak helpful, then I encourage you to join our Destination Wedding & Honeymoon Travel Business Academy, where we share strategies on all things romance travel and support our fellow travelpreneurs in their honeymoon and destination wedding business journey.