Hey there, travel advisor! You are in the right place if you want to know how to market your travel business online!
Question for you… Do you have a consistent content strategy?
I truly understand the challenge of having a consistent content strategy for your travel business. My biggest recommendation is to start with a blog.
Get Found Online By Blog
A blog is a foundational piece of content that will continually get you leads for your destination wedding business. When you offer free content (like you are reading right now), your ideal client can get to know you, feel like she is being helped and when she is ready, she will take the next step with you.
Writing a blog not only gets you found (because you use keywords like “how to plan a destination wedding” or “best location for a destination wedding in the Caribbean”) but it sets you apart as an expert and allows you to offer her your bride bribe/lead magnet or the opportunity to do a complimentary consultation with you.
Don’t overthink it. It doesn’t have to be extended. It just must be helpful, and you want to think about a few key phrases you can use so that you are found when she does a Google search.
Tips on Blogging
- Determine the content you want to write about first
- Write it out in a draft
- Then do a Google search for what relates to your content and when that search pops up it will show other related searches.
- Write down a few of those related search options and try to incorporate them into your drafted post
- Then write the title that would be your best searchable phrase. Like “Best All-Inclusive Resort for a Romantic Destination Wedding”
- Insert a few great images so that you can then post your blog on your Pinterest account.
- Possibly pop in a video if you have one that relates to what you’re talking about.
It is worth the time to do this right. This is how Lou and I got found online. We were always writing blog posts. It doesn’t happen overnight, but the more you do it the more natural it will become.
Once you have that foundational piece of content, use that to create your entire strategy. Your social posts, emails, videos, stories, etc. all will be a bite-sized piece of your main content (your blog post) and it will be so much easier to be consistent and strategic. No more wondering what to post!
If you need done-for-you content all about destination weddings and honeymoons, so that you are consistently generating destination wedding and honeymoon leads for your travel business, I invite you to check out our Content Hero membership.